Monday, August 13, 2007

further proof bigger isn't always better

this weekend was busy busy busy with housework, as usual. bryan got the nursery painted, and it looks SUPER cute. we hit up babies r us and bought just about everything we need. our cart was so full bryan had to push it around because i couldn't see over the top. so you can imagine how stuffed full the suv was. bryan spent saturday night putting together furniture and various other baby gear. got so much cute stuff, and can't wait to use it! bryan also worked on painting his office; the blue and lime green are up, and he's going to work on the brown this week. it's looking pretty good - definitely bryan!

sunday was looking like an easy, lazy day, and then shannon called around 9:30 to fill me in on some new information regarding katie's wedding (the reception will be in mom and dad's backyard; apparently the $9000 bartolotta's reception at the gardens is a bit to rich!) and invited me out shopping with her. we hit target, jo ann fabrics, and the mall. i was under strict orders (given to myself) not to spend money and think i actually did pretty good. i did get a few things, but it was stuff on my list (like a deep dish lasagna pan for 50% off) to get so i wasn't that far off the mark. i had to take shannon home at that point, since there was no way i was going to make it to the 2nd mall with her - my feet can't handle marathon shopping at this point. :( i went home and took a lovely nap before dinner (bryan made delicious shrimp eggrolls), then soaked my feet in some epsom salted water while we watched die hard 4.

had my 28 week appointment this morning, and found out i have gained ELEVEN POUNDS since my last appointment (at 24 weeks). 11 freaking pounds! so lately when i've been feeling like my belly has gotten a lot bigger and i've felt a lot heavier, it wasn't all just in my head! overall, i'm at my target weight gain for this point in time, so the doctor assured me that it is fine. i just need to not gain that much again haha! i guess my body was making up for smaller weight gains earlier on. but holy cow, i'm gonna be huge. i need to stop looking at the scale when i go in too, because the number on there is just freaking scary. i also need to start taking the elevator to the 2nd floor at work.

No comments: