Tuesday, August 5, 2008

not complaining

so on my message board, danielle started a question of the week thread. this week's question is:
We talk a lot about how our LOs drive us crazy and how we don't love every minute of it. So, what is your favorite thing about being a mommy?

here are my answers:

i, too, love it when oliver falls asleep on me. that moment when he starts drowsing off while nursing [almost] every night is the best part of my day.

i love it when he gets so happy when i come to pick him up from day care (provided he isn't having way more fun with one of the kids to care).

i LOVE big wet sloppy baby kisses!

i love his laugh when he thinks something is so hilarious and laughs until he is out of breath.

i love it when he figures something new out and is so thrilled with life.

i love it when he lets me put him in bed awake, gives me a sleepy smile, and just closes his eyes. i can tell he is perfectly content then.

i love it when he sings to me while we're riding in the car.

i love it when he wakes up and DOES not cry, but rather sits in his crib talking to himself. it's the cutest thing ever and i love listening to him over the monitor.

i love it when he poops! and farts. it means things are moving and we are NOT having tummy troubles!

i love watching him feed himself. i find it so fascinating.

i love it when he is tired and sits quietly in my lap and will just lean back and look and me and every once in awhile reach up and touch my face.

i love it that he has favorite books, and that it changes, and he knows which one it is and will pick it out of a pile.

i love it when we read the ducky book, which quacks at the end, and he lifts the book up and all around because he can't figure out where that damn quacking is coming from - there's no duck around!

No comments: